LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE:
Darcy Talks Bees with Glen Andresen
Thanks for talking with me Glen, you're the bee's knees!
See below for links and other information we promised in our podcast.
Plants for attracting and feeding bees & other pollinators:
- Plants for Pollinators in Oregon, a very thorough USDA publication specific to Oregon. See pages 15 to 20 for a table of plants.
Mason Bee Blocks:
Here's a good article from the Audubon Society on building a mason bee nesting block.
Or if you'd rather, you can purchase them ready-made from the Home Orchard Society.
Find out more about the classes that Glen's teaching this spring:
- Hardy Plant Society of Oregon (HPSO) Garden School, Mar 19 & 21, 2009, go here for more information and to register.
- Garden Fever, Mar 14, 2009, call the nursery to register.
- Livingscape Nursery, 2009 class list doesn't seem to be posted yet, so you might want to give them a call at the nursery.
- Urban Growth Bounty, a wonderful new series of classes offered by the City of Portland, Office of Sustainability. This is a really great range of offerings, well beyond beekeeping. You must check it out, now. Go here for dates & registration information.
Listen to Glen's radio program on KBOO; you can listen to his previous shows and subscribe to the RSS feed here.
If listeners would like to get in touch with Glen you can reach him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And remember, one of the very best things we can do for our bees is to garden pesticide-free!